We share good ideas and conversation here.   Login, Join Us, or Take a Tour!
am_Unition's comments
am_Unition  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: A DRM-locked, $400 tea-brewing machine from the Internet of Shit timeline

Anyone unable to figure that out on their own is exactly the target demographic, they really did their homework

am_Unition  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Swept Magazine reviews my record

Solid indie rock. Thanks for posting, quite appropriate for my current state of mind.

cW  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Wow, thank you! I'm very glad you enjoyed. Finding a common frequency is always heartening, at the very least. Many thanks for sharing, too!

If ya can't get them to link it in the article, link it here!

cW  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hey, wow, solid point. I didn't even realize they didn't include my links! Confusing, but here goes the edit ...

am_Unition  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

cW  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Let’s Not Get Carried Away

I can't share this. Other people here might read the article and associate me with it.

Great addition to the #lolbrary

am_Unition  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Power causes brain damage

If this mechanism forces a higher turnover rate in the alpha positions, I think it could effectively increase the likelihood/rate of random mutations to spur separate evolutionary paths in isolated populations. Maybe once a species develops social skills and tribalism, evolution can fast forward a little bit, if the conditions are right.

I dunno. Spitballing.

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate

lachumproyale  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

"Hubski, the intelligent alternative to reddit"

am_Unition  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh plz, we're plenty dumb.

What's wrong with centering most of an entire nation's political strategies around hatin'?

am_Unition  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate

lachumproyale  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

"Hubski, the intelligent alternative to reddit"

am_Unition  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh plz, we're plenty dumb.

am_Unition  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Ask Hubski: What are you working on?

This code is so disco.

I'll tell you about it someday.

am_Unition  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: DATA LEADS TO SOCIAL COOLING

I think I've always been gunning for it.

...And other generally vague statements. :/

rjw  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's fine! I think the problem is if it's thrust upon you when you're not ready for it.

When managing separate facets of an online footprint requires enough attention and thought to detract from things you enjoy, social cooling rears its head once again. Especially if you expect to ever find yourself under any form of public fame/scrutiny (the same thing, nowadays).

rjw  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

Exactly. Fame is a risk. Best avoided, unless you want it.

am_Unition  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

I think I've always been gunning for it.

...And other generally vague statements. :/

rjw  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Virginia shooting: House majority whip shot at congressional baseball practice

Let's shoot all the quants.

Boy Scout with archery, shot gun, and riflery merit badges standing by.

am_Unition  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Virginia shooting: House majority whip shot at congressional baseball practice

Autoresponse says:

"Well and after Steve, good friend, dearest guy, of course, after he got shot on the hip, well then we all knew, Mueller had to go". - Donald Trump, tonight

"The Dems have gotten so radical in their witch hunting that they've broken their own gun control values? How desperate are they?? All democrats are this one bad thing that justifies a blanket death penalty" - Guy #2

On it goes.

bfv  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·
Isherwood  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

There needs to be a word for "accusing someone of doing a thing you're actively doing." I don't think hypocrisy works any more because it just doesn't carry the weight it needs to.

bfv  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

Projecting?

Jives well with the notion of "weaponized prestige" I've been railing against in my own personal life.

Communities of repute foster stagnation all too often, unless they have some specific characteristics instilled into their cultures. Still sniffing out those characteristics, but most are intuitive; healthy skepticism of authority, utilitarian, inclusive, etc.

mk  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

So it seems that Newt is working in concert with others, trying to normalize the move. If the GOP lets this slide, that's rock bottom.

b_b  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sadly, this pit is bottomless. I shall not repeat the litany of past events that were the bottom of the pit, but Joe the Plummer was one of them. How quaint.