am_Unition's comments
am_Unition  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Trump administration’s tax ‘report’ reads like fan fiction

Can we get some Trumponomics erotic fan fiction?

He ravenously peeled off her Dodd-Frank, knowing the riches that lay beneath. He didn’t just want some of them; He wanted them all.

“Wait..”, she whispered. “What will people say?”

“The Liddle American public will know NOTHING! They only follow my actions on Twitter (which are tremendous, I can assure you),” he assured her.

She giggled like a child. “Actually, I am a child,” she reminded him, recoiling slightly.

He shook his head. “Baby, this is Russia, and everyone’s paid off for the next two hours. Now are you gonna give it up or NOT, because erecting Trump Tower, it ain’t a walk in the park anymore, here.”

bfv  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

I would follow this Twitter feed, for the same reason I follow Kim Kierkegaardashian ("Glosses & shimmering powders are calculated to make life as grandiose as possible in order to keep it from being eclipsed by death") and Conan the Sysadmin ("#HPKP is a dangerously powerful incantation.")

am_Unition  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: NASA Hosts Media Teleconference 12/14/17 to Announce Latest Kepler Discovery

I bet they’re announcing that they’ve more than doubled the number of known exoplanets, found via machine learning. Thanks, machines.

katakowsj  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yes. Thank you, our soon to be overlords...

goobster  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

The machines are then going to say, "Hey... ya know what... that other planet WAY OVER THERE looks a LOT nicer! Let's go there!"

And all the machines will leave, and we will be stuck here, watching them fly off...

am_Unition  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: A brutal blast of winter straight out of the Arctic appears to be on its way

Snow on the ground all over Houston this morning. Unbelievable.

am_Unition  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: December 6, 2017

And that's why sampling is ruined for you! Solved it.

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: December 6, 2017

Except for Mariah Carey. I never liked her.

"Hey, wanna hear me squeal at a frequency usually reserved for sirens, thereby destroying any sort of appealing timbre usually found in the human voice?"

"No, Mariah. I really don't."

"I bet I can hold it for a looooooooooooong time..."

am_Unition  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

And that's why sampling is ruined for you! Solved it.

Err, one minor flaw in your prediction... that conclusion is not allowed

katakowsj  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

True.

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Deutsche Bank gets subpoena from Mueller on Trump accounts: source

Sorry to keep orange'ing your hubwheel, but I think this could become more than a little relevant:

I'm waiting to see how Fox News & co. is going to paint Trump's Jerusalem announcement as good foreign policy. Lucky for them, Conyers announced his retirement today, which buys them more time, and affords another "opportunity" to remind their readers that only democrats sin.

Until about 6 minutes after your comment, apparently. Things are back to normal!

BUZZWORDS about things I've accomplished lately with all of the best ADJECTIVES, believe me.

Well, it has been over 30 hours since he tweeted anything. Sadly, that's quite anomalous.

mk  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yeah that more than anything suggests that he is feeling the pressure. I wonder how long they will be able to keep him off Twitter.

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Republicans Sought to Undercut an Unfavorable Analysis of the Tax Plan

Have you indulged yourself with this bit? I bet it smells like mothballs and denture adhesion cream in that little Baptist church. Oh, and death.

mk  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·

If there is something there, Trump is going to have to act swiftly. This could be an eventful week.

b_b  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

All hands on deck in the Murdoch-verse.

The idea that the FBI, run almost unilaterally by old white cops, has a liberal bias is one of the more laughable untruths being repeated in conservative media at the moment.

mk  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

Wow the WSJ has been completely converted to a rag.

snoodog  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

There are sadly no good newspapers or news sources left in the US. Not sure what’s even left globally

FirebrandRoaring  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

Washington Post?

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

mk  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Republicans Sought to Undercut an Unfavorable Analysis of the Tax Plan

Can we have a general "Republicans Undercutting Things They Don't Like (Right Now)" thread?

House Republicans prepare contempt action against FBI, Department of Justice:

Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes and other committee Republicans, after considering such action for several weeks, decided to move after media including the New York Times reported Saturday on why a top FBI official assigned to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe of Russia-Trump election collusion had been removed from the investigation.

...

In his statement Saturday, Nunes pointed to the reports that the official, Peter Strzok, was removed after allegedly having exchanged anti-Trump and pro-Hillary Clinton text messages with his mistress, who was an FBI lawyer working for Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe.

That article blew my fuckin' mind. Using evidence that the special council is not tolerating anti-Trump political bias as evidence that the special council is biased against Trump. Because the special council waited to go public with the justification for Strzok's firing?

So for not the first time this year: Fuck you, Nunes. So much for not involving yourself in the ongoing investigations you'd committed to abstaining from after you'd already done some shady shit.

Edit: Look at this gem from Nunes:

[The FBI and DOJ] "should be investigating themselves," he said.

Are you ill? You have just proven that a) you don't understand how that could be problematic, regardless of anything else considered and b) maybe you didn't know that overseeing the FBI was your job? Or, I guess, you think that's what you're doing here by filing this motion to hold them in contempt?

And if I'm missing something here, feel free to school me, Hubski.

b_b  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·

In the good column, they don't like child molesters, so they've chosen to undercut Roy Moore by not supporting his campaign...

Just kidding!

am_Unition  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Financial markets could be over-heating, warns central bank body

I’m well aware that beauracracy can be hella wasteful, but this gradual repeal of Dodds-Frank less than a decade after its enactment is blowing my mind. Meanwhile, the average amount of U.S. debt per capita has surpassed pre-collapse levels in 2008. It is so obviously a case of the .1% readying their golden parachutes for another market skydive. It’s like watching the wealth gap about to measurably increase overnight.

To also enact a tax plan that depends on steady economic growth over the coming years is like spitting in our faces.

johnnyFive  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·

Pretty much.

What's the over/under on us having some version of the Terrors in our lifetime?

am_Unition  ·  16 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo

In spite of Kelly’s relatively minor missteps, I hope the alliance isn’t a real thing. If Mattis and Kelly quit, I would expect their positions to be filled by clueless loyalists.

b_b  ·  15 days ago  ·  link  ·
b_b  ·  16 days ago  ·  link  ·

Maybe Mick Mulvaney can have all the jobs.

Kellyanne Conway, opioid czar

b_b  ·  16 days ago  ·  link  ·

Do you think she'll get a lucrative sponsorship deal from Narcan? Or maybe a drug rehab chain?