am_Unition's comments

This was 100% intentional, there's no debate necessary.

The first lady didn't get something she wanted.

Fidelity?

Fidelity.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Like, recently? She seems to be pretty good at being catty. She's probably one of the savvier people in that White House.

You said he trolled on 4chan, so I automatically assumed /b/. It's not like pol is any better.

Edit: well, you said "used" 4chan, but isn't trolling the only use?

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

I have no evidence. Just that he's 32 and seems to enjoy trolling

Apparently Stephen Miller went through an identical incident.

I think this sort of thing effectively gnaws at Nielsen, but it might be exactly what Miller gets off on.

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

I have Miller's cell number. I don't want to use it for the exact reason you mention. I think he was a btard at a point

am_Unition  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Edit: well, you said "used" 4chan, but isn't trolling the only use?

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

I have no evidence. Just that he's 32 and seems to enjoy trolling

You’re actually quite close in your guess, per The NY Times:

The plan, which will most likely face significant opposition in Congress from Democrats and some Republicans, includes relocating many social safety net programs into a new megadepartment, which would replace the Department of Health and Human Services and possibly include the word “welfare” in its title.
tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Now for the part where separate agencies get to figure out the logistics of putting these families back together. For indefinite detention.

So here's the thing.

US military, civil and commercial use of space is kind of a big wiggly loosey-goosey mess of none-of-your-goddamn-business. Something like 40% of all Space Shuttle payloads were NRO; the whole reason it was as big as it was is because the NRO was tasked with coming up with how big a shuttle would have to be to launch all their payloads, they came up with the biggest goddamn satellite they could think of so that they wouldn't have to put up with fucking space shuttles and NASA called their bluff and that's how we ended up with the Flying School Bus.

You didn't know that because of course you didn't know that because we named the first one the Enterprise because you proles wanted us to Boldly Go drink your goddamn Tang and STFU. But when the Soviets shot it with a goddamn laser everyone was super upset because IT'S A PEACEFUL PROJECT GUYZ

And the last thing anybody wants with this shit is oversight. The NRO would much rather not exist because now that they do, people can point at them and say "budget" whereas before they just ate up something like 60% of NASA and like 40% of the CIA and they had to report to nobody. And AFSOC does a lot of stuff for sure but do you really think it takes twice the population of NASA to track space debris? REALLY? And now that the SpookWatchers have figured out that Zuma probably wasn't lost and is probably a ship monitoring satellite for Customs or the DEA the fact that our nicely compartmentalized government is not compartmentalized AT ALL when it comes to orbital shit sorta makes this whole governmental bureaucracy shit look like the sham it really is

and putting it all under a "space force" is the sort of thing that does nothing but draw attention to all the shady shit that nobody but me, Dwayne Day and a handful of armchair conspiracy theorists even vaguely give a crap about.

Me and maybe 20 other guys watched the budgetary equivalent of a Nimitz aircraft carrier go up from Jalama Beach on its way to peeping on Bin Laden and thats it.

"The Devil you know." A Phoenix from the goddamn ashes. A KH-11 Mod 4, probably the last of its breed, hauled up and spat forth at a cost of eight billion dollars to keep better tabs on one particular Jihadi in Pakistan with a trellis over his head.

You're going to shove that in a budget?

You're going to keep tabs on that?

You're going to get some TPS reports on that shit?

Dream the fuck on. This isn't a "rare" "great reddit comment" this is some asshole attempting to justify Trump's desire to go Pew Pew Pew.

Right. They're totally intending to better manage the categorization of space debris.

Are.

You

Fucking

Kidding me.

My god Reddit is now awarding 2700 points for "what a great comment."

I disagree with the characterization that this comment is worth reading. It misses the whole point. More when I have a real keyboard.

francopoli  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Speaking of reddit, I had to google a Linux error and one of the top links was to Reddit. I click on the link and HOLY WHAT THE FUCK. They changed the layout to Facebook. It sucks, like Digg 2.0 sucks.

Fuck Reddit.

tacocat  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

You can change it back. It's pretty fucking hideous but they did learn a thing or two from the Digg redesign. I'm more upset by how often I get reddit threads as results from Google searches. I think it's helped me exactly once when I was trying to pirate ebooks. Other than that reddit just seems to fuck up the Google algorithm

francopoli  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Every time I end up back at Reddit it just makes me angrier. The user base there has gone to shit; its a gong show of "the donald" retards and the remnants of the SomethingAwful/tumblr fuckwits with a median mental age of about 13-14.

I've been in awe of how the #4 most popular website for the US and Canada can be so, so terrible.

tacocat  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

I don't disagree with the logic of that comment but I would think Trump has visions of red and blue lasers and not tracking space debris

Luckily, Ann Coulter has deduced that these crybabies are simply child actors.

What. the. fuck. is wrong with these people? They're literally holding children hostage in an attempt to secure funding to put up a border wall. And an increasing number of them concoct delusions of conspiracy in which they themselves are always the victim, no doubt taking cues from the president's tweets. This country is teetering on the edge of irreparable.

Yeah I kinda feel like the elections from here on out need to be "you're either with the babysnatchers or against the babysnatchers."

b_b  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

When was the last time a first lady came out against a presidential policy? This is so fucked, even by Trump standards.

At least when we threw Japanese Americans in prison camps it was so a bunch of Okies could steal their farms. This time?

Apparently a disturbing percentage of Republicans believe cruelty is its own reward.

tacocat  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

I do not recommend reading the comments on many social media platforms and accounts regarding this story. I heard on the radio 55% of registered republicans support this policy.

I honestly read about half a paragraph of this story and had to stop.

thenewgreen  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

I could only listen to a few minutes of audio. How can a parent, whether Democrat or Republican, support this?

tacocat  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Racism.

So the common defense is that it's the parents' fault because they broke the law (trying to provide a better life for their children which you'd think would impart some empathy). They have no options but to cross the border illegally because the Trump administration has closed the only port of entry. In order to apply for asylum, you have to do so in the US. So by default asylum-seeking immigrants have to cross the border illegally. A crime that is a misdemeanor. And this is our current response to a misdemeanor. How can you support this? Because you're a fucking racist and think these people are less than human.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
am_Unition  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What’s Really Happening When Asylum-Seeking Families Are Separated?

Check out some of the last sentences of this essay from Stephen Miller's senior year of high school:

May He give us the strength to someday bring about a world liberated from senseless hate and hostility. And until that day, may he give us the strength to protect the weak, the innocent, and the oppressed.

Uh but yeah, there are some underpinnings of a fucked up mentality in that piece, like forcing people to do patriotic exercises to eliminate racism. Yikes.

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yeah. Not so much Annakin as a young Palpatine who used 4chan back in the day.

A seasoned conservative troll, Miller told me during our interview that he has often found value in generating what he calls “constructive controversy—with the purpose of enlightenment.” This belief traces back to the snowflake-melting and lib-triggering of his youth. As a conservative teen growing up in Santa Monica, he wrote op-eds comparing his liberal classmates to terrorists and musing that Osama bin Laden would fit in at his high school. In college, he coordinated an “Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week.” These efforts were not calibrated for persuasion; they were designed to agitate. And now that he’s in the White House, he is deploying similar tactics.

I hope he dies in a fire

am_Unition  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Shit like this makes me glad I'm not famous

Sorry, it's broken for me too.

am_Unition  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Shit like this makes me glad I'm not famous

Each user can only change a community tag once, and a community tag can only be changed so many times before it becomes locked. Edit: I can change it, so I assume you tagged it once already?

tacocat  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·

I tried to change it and got an error and now I can't change it

ThatFanficGuy  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·

I know how community tags work - which is why it confused me that (1) it didn't change after I tried to make it, (2) it refused to allow me to actually change it afterwards.

am_Unition  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sorry, it's broken for me too.

am_Unition  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Judge revokes Manafort's bail. He will now await trial in jail

“Man a fort? Oh, we, I have guys in the, in my military doing that. OH it’s a name?! I’ve never even heard of Paul before.”

am_Unition  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Judge revokes Manafort's bail. He will now await trial in jail

So funny. And some lawyer predicted this last week. It took one week longer than anticipated, but it sure did play out exactly like they thought.

Manafort’s case has inspired Mueller to request 150 subpoenas last week. I’m sure it’s nothing, just like the New York attorney general’s new case against the Trump Foundation.

tacocat  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·

He worked on the campaign longer than Kelleyanne Conway and Steve Bannon. But he didn't do anything.

He lived in Trump Tower and has know The Donald since the eighties. But they never really interacted.

The man has an interesting strategy for shirking responsibility which seems to just involve lying and whining. It seems pretty effective when applied to his supporters.

am_Unition  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·

am_Unition  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 13, 2018

Currently watching Uruguay vs. Egypt in a pub in downtown Oslo. For the next pint, I’ll be on the patio doing some people watching. Norway is really something. France was pretty neat too. Massive trip report incoming in a couple weeks after I move cities myself (back in the states).

Paper was accepted, I made the journal’s cover :). Massive amount of citations inbound.

But I do miss my girl.

There's something beautifully ironic about RT covering news pertaining to Apollo data.

Edit: the top comment is "Like they have actually been there?" LOLOL

am_Unition  ·  16 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 6, 2018

I’m in Toulouse right now, and it’s a different fucking planet

like a place people would actually choose to live