Share good ideas and conversation.   Login or Take a Tour!
Meriadoc's comments
Meriadoc  ·  1083 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pretty (Boring) Paintings, Free + S&H OBO For Good Home

Ahahaha I was gonna tag you, but assumed your pain was already pretty severe.

Meriadoc  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pretty (Boring) Paintings, Free + S&H OBO For Good Home

Missed ya too. I checked my messages recently and saw a ton of baseball shoutouts from y'all. How was it around here when the Cubbies won?

flagamuffin  ·  1084 days ago  ·  link  ·

everything was pretty stupid

Meriadoc  ·  1083 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ahahaha I was gonna tag you, but assumed your pain was already pretty severe.

(I'm the tuxie tho I call dibs, arguewithatree)

arguewithatree  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ugh fine I guess

I have been what some may call a 'silent observer'. But I promise I am working on a long post for you all, slowly, intermittently, and between the very few times I'm not working 18 hour days.

Well I would love number 7, if still available, mon amie.

Meriadoc  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·

flagamuffin  ·  1084 days ago  ·  link  ·

everything was pretty stupid

Meriadoc  ·  1083 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ahahaha I was gonna tag you, but assumed your pain was already pretty severe.

_refugee_  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·

Woah, until this moment I didn't realize how exactly #7 would be the right one for you (and spiritually arguewithatree). I think you can tell in the photo, but at the end of the walkway in the distance there are two creatures - cats!

The original design was for two people and an umbrella but like...ehhh, it seemed a little saccharine. I decided to change it. My bright idea was to make them two cats instead. After all, I've got two.

OF COURSE you and chels would want the cat painting. It's too perfect.

Meriadoc  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·

(I'm the tuxie tho I call dibs, arguewithatree)

arguewithatree  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ugh fine I guess

bfv  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·

He lives!

Meriadoc  ·  1085 days ago  ·  link  ·

Meriadoc  ·  1313 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: SHOW HUBSKI: #adayinthelife --A REQUEST TO HEAR FROM YOU

I promise! Hahaha. We've just been a bit busy lately with Chelsea doing her thesis and me working a ton. But it'll be up soon for sure.

Meriadoc  ·  1323 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Mini Hubski Meetup - Baltimore

It's my survival friend. We got caught in one hell of an ice and wind storm last night and got pounded by it walking back. Of course, face was just fine. Beard looked even more fantastic afterward too.

Meriadoc  ·  1326 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Grubski Challenge, Baltimore

I'm telling you, man, I've been to literally hundreds, possibly thousands of shows. Nothing I've ever been to has compared to seeing him. There is an unreal energy about every single aspect of his shows. I can't fathom what he has planned for a free festival, in his home, with the lit up inner harbor.

blackbootz  ·  1326 days ago  ·  link  ·

I cannot wait.

Meriadoc  ·  1326 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: SHOW HUBSKI: #adayinthelife --A REQUEST TO HEAR FROM YOU

In. Chelsea and I will do a joint one just as soon as we decide what we want to talk about. We're very reclusive people, so we really have to wrack our brains for something worth talking about.

arguewithatree  ·  1326 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ew wtf I didn't agree to a joint story.

thenewgreen  ·  1326 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ew
lol.
OftenBen  ·  1326 days ago  ·  link  ·

They're too adorable to be real.

thenewgreen  ·  1313 days ago  ·  link  ·

reminder

Meriadoc  ·  1313 days ago  ·  link  ·

thenewgreen  ·  1326 days ago  ·  link  ·

Promise is a pie crust.

I look forward to hearing it! Great idea to do it together. Cheers!

Meriadoc  ·  1390 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: January 27, 2016

Mom had her surgery. It went well. She was in the ICU for a week, then in the recovery rooms, and went home the other day. Getting more info from her is like pulling teeth, but she sounds like she's in great shape.

She would be better, but apparently on one of her last days, her mother called and wasn't making any sense. A check later and they determined she had a stroke. Major surgery that gets rid of cancer, and then her mother's in the hospital. This poor woman can't catch a break.

But all in all, good news for her future it seems.

In other news, we survived the storm in DC this weekend. arguewithatree and I went walking in the blizzard on Saturday for fun. My beard got... a bit frozen.

Today was the first day back at work too. We had every day from Friday until Tuesday with the entire city shut the fuck down because they, even with nearly two weeks' warning, couldn't properly coordinate clearing the roads. They're still a mess in most places.

I'll also be back around these parts. I took a break from pretty much everything for a while because I'd been working an obscene amount between my job and bartending and stress was just weighing me down hard.

Additionally, is anyone here familiar with Maine? Chelsea and I are tentatively planning on driving up for her second Spring Break (She calls in Jesusween because they have spring break and Easter break, because Jesuits are serious about this shit) and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. We were thinking of going to Portland, because if we're up there we absolutely have to, and maybe do some nature trips, but I don't know enough to know where exactly.

WanderingEng  ·  1389 days ago  ·  link  ·

Glad to hear things are going ok. :)

humanodon  ·  1387 days ago  ·  link  ·

Portland is really small, but is a good base to operate from if you're down for day trips via car or train. You can even take a ferry to Nova Scotia (10 hours) but honestly, the town they drop you in is crap.

mk  ·  1388 days ago  ·  link  ·

Glad to hear that the surgery went well, Meriadoc.

It's been a long time since I have been to Maine, but I remember that we found a shack where you could eat fresh lobster next to the river and drink soda from a machine.

Meriadoc  ·  1410 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Can I get some advice on which bands I shouldn't miss at this upcoming music fest?

The National is one of my absolute all time favorite bands. I've seen them perform 5 times between festivals and their own shows.

St. Paul is some fantastic, new soul from a guy you would never expect to have a voice, let alone one with that much soul in it.

I've heard Cold War Kids put on a hell of a show, but I can't speak from experience.

Shakey Graves is an absolute must. By far one of the most talented musicians working today. Try to be sober for that, if at all possible. He's truly phenomenal.

galen  ·  1408 days ago  ·  link  ·

Shakey Graves is fucking incredible. He's a hometown hero here in CenTex.

briandmyers  ·  1410 days ago  ·  link  ·

St Paul rocks! Thanks for that. Will check out the others soon.

galen  ·  1407 days ago  ·  link  ·

(Check out their Tiny Desk, if you haven't. It's how I found them.)

Meriadoc  ·  1421 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Post your favorite "world music"

Ahhhh, I know the place! I'll pop in next time I'm out there and add more stickers. I have such an incredible amount of them.

Meriadoc  ·  1425 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Post your favorite "world music"

Interesting story about that. My boss is Bosnian and was telling me the story of how during the siege of Sarajevo, Iron Maiden was one of the only bands that came to play, where they were already loved. He said they almost worship Bruce Dickenson as an idol there now. There was a great article about it all too. I'll loop you in when I post it.

So I need to send you a PM to get your address. Last night at my bar I had two Puerto Rican metal bands playing that put on one hell of a show. I thought you might be into it, so I grabbed two CDs for you for Christmas.

I love love love visiting it. But my friends that live there are going stir crazy. It's tough for some people to live like that. I really think it's one of the few areas of California that I can say I truly love.

Was the ice cream shop also a donut shop just off the town center?

steve  ·  1424 days ago  ·  link  ·

Arcata Scoop

1068 I St, Arcata, CA 95521

Quaint. Quiet. (But in Arcata... What isn't?)

Meriadoc  ·  1421 days ago  ·  link  ·