Creativity's comments
Creativity  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Mirror/Reflection

Emerald Lake, Yoho National Park, Canada

Taken with a Galaxy S7 and edited with the Lightroom app.

Creativity  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: October 10, 2018

If you are into more rewarding computer-stuff, you should check-out Lambda School.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact sitehelp@stltoday.com or call 314-340-8888.

:<

Creativity  ·  79 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Zuckerberg Loses $16.8 Billion in a Snap as Facebook Plunges

It's 13 billion from advertising and 0.2 billion from "payments and other fees".

Creativity  ·  81 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Looking for roadtrip advice [Canadian Rockies x Alaska]

Oh. I'm not planning on packing gaiters so wet foot it will be!

I heard that Amythyst Lake was the highlight of the hike, their campground is still full though so I managed to get the closest one to it :)

Hey Merlin, thanks for your feedback !

I will probably skip Fairbanks based on the description, if it allows me to have one more day around Seward to do some hiking and/or the white-water rafting experience that sounds amazing!

Merlin  ·  81 days ago  ·  link  ·

You are very welcome! If you any questions about anything just shoot me a message and I'll do my best to answer! I also must say that if you go south from Denali there are some amazing opportunities to Brewery Hop (if you are a beer drinker) Alaska is a great place for beer!

Thanks for the suggestions ! After rethinking about it, I will stick to the Jasper-Banff area (there is a lot to do there and if I can save some time from going back and forth from National Parks, I will be able to do more backcountry hikes.

oyster  ·  81 days ago  ·  link  ·

That’s fair, Waterton is pretty out of the way but also my favourite place on earth so I have to push it on everybody.

What are you thinking for accommodations ? Things fill up fast because this is the busy season so if you are looking at hotels/hostels you should work on nailing down a few solid dates. Being spontaneous is alright too, some random homeless people camped in the trees behind my place for like 2 nights but I think 8-9 and somebody would have said something. I serve a lot of people who randomly end up at the hotel when they planned to be camping because the campsight filled up.

I will definitely look into Athabasca Glacier Tour. It's a bit expensive but depending on disponibilities and how much I'm going to spend in the first few days I will be able to see if I can afford it. Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for the feedback ! I managed to get a camping spot at the Maccarib campground for Tonquin (1 night) ! Wilcox Pass is now on my to do list between Jasper & Banff.

ButterflyEffect  ·  81 days ago  ·  link  ·

One tip on Maccarib. As of three weeks ago both bridges to the campsite have been washed out. You'll have to cross a moving stream, it's not fast enough to sweep you off your feet but you will get wet if you don't have gaiters. Also keep going until you hit Amythyst Lake after you set up camp. It is so, so worth the extra handful of km.

Creativity  ·  81 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh. I'm not planning on packing gaiters so wet foot it will be!

Creativity  ·  94 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: July 11, 2018

That's some amazing plans ahead !

Main reason for not sleeping at campgrounds was that we didn't pack a tent with us. I wanted to have the campgrounds in the map to be able to sleep in the car in a safe spot but when we saw we had to pay we tried to find other safe spots being on a budget :)

Creativity  ·  95 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: July 11, 2018

I went to Iceland last year ! I did this map to prepare for the trip, it might help you, target what you want to see : https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=18uWnQ0053LtnbjZp0X09FcjU7eY&ll=65.45996267168805%2C-20.252259514062416&z=6

Here is my tripreport on Hubski :

How long will you be staying there ?

necroptosis  ·  94 days ago  ·  link  ·

Dude! That's incredible. Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I didn't think I could be any more excited, but here I am. I have about 5 hours total unplanned time in between now and the flight so you're an absolute lifesaver right now. Were there any reasons you didn't camp besides saving money? Our current plan is to use the public campgrounds along the way. 150 euros/two people for a week doesn't seem terrible.

We're going for 7 days, and then 3 in the Faroes. I wish we could spend more time(7 days is still fantastic), but I'm headed off to meet family in Amsterdam afterwords. I'm also hoping to climb Mont Blanc but we'll see how the timing works out.

Creativity  ·  94 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's some amazing plans ahead !

Creativity  ·  95 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hello Again, Lovely Hubski

I'm north-west of Paris, in the 95 :)

Enjoy the World Cup Final ! Might be hard to sleep on Sunday night !

Creativity  ·  98 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hello Again, Lovely Hubski

Welcome back! If you have a question about Paris, France, or something else related to the country, you can ask me directly :) I'm currently living in the suburbs and working near Les Champs Elysées.

edricarica  ·  96 days ago  ·  link  ·

nice! are you west? we're all the way over in Vincennes (though we hang out in the bois de Boulogne as well! we're basically only doing woods until it cools off a bit).

Creativity  ·  95 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'm north-west of Paris, in the 95 :)

Enjoy the World Cup Final ! Might be hard to sleep on Sunday night !

Creativity  ·  103 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: July 4, 2018

Soccer World Cup

I only follow soccer for the big events (European Championship, World Cup), and I'm really enjoying it this year. Nothing beats watching this kind of game in the street with your friends and strangers -- all really enjoying the moment.

Mbappe top speed is 23 mph in that first run, it's insane. Hope France will go far.

Career

I'm going to enroll in this program https://eu.udacity.com/course/blockchain-developer-nanodegree--nd1309? and see where it takes me. I'm currently working in consulting for my end-of-studies internship and I fundamentally believe that blockchain applications is only going to accelerate moving forward. Having a business background and some technical know-how should let me have a foot in the industry. I've been following the space closely for a year.

Focus and Priorities

I want to run regularly again, I want to take time to read, I want to pass my motorbike licence, I want to travel, I want to date... It's hard to focus and decide on your priorities.

--- Happy 4th of July to you all !

KapteinB  ·  102 days ago  ·  link  ·

Since my country failed to qualify for the World Cup, I'm rooting for our dear neighbours Sweden. Watching them beat Switzerland in an exciting match was a thrill. I don't have much hope for them beating England on Saturday, to be honest, but it should be a fun game in any case. :-)

Creativity  ·  156 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Tech’s Two Philosophies

If you haven't done so, you should also check out his podcast where he discusses its weekly articles : http://exponent.fm/

I like listening to it while commuting.