BLOB_CASTLE's comments
BLOB_CASTLE  ·  158 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 'We’ve never seen anything like this': GOP overwhelmed by Democratic cash

I live in the Kansas district mentioned where funding for advertisement has been pulled from the Republican candidate. I'm okay with this.

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  195 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Burning Man 2018: Who's Going?

>Upload to imgur

>post url

>profit

Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
BLOB_CASTLE  ·  215 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Burning Man 2018: Who's Going?

Wooooooooooooooweeeeeee

Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.

elizabeth and JackTheBandit, I just learned I've got a few gigs:

Wednesday, evening, Lady Sass Ship art car

Thursday, 11pm, Center Camp

Friday, 8pm, Marching Band March Off

I'd love to see you at any of these :)

JackTheBandit  ·  215 days ago  ·  link  ·

probably can make the Wednesday one.

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  215 days ago  ·  link  ·

Wooooooooooooooweeeeeee

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Burning Man 2018: Who's Going?

will do, thanks for the heads up!

I'm so excited to see you at the Burn! I have...items...to share if you'd like :)

elizabeth  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

Me too! See you at the Burn, and always glad to accept gifts on Playa ;)

Oh wow I wasn't aware of regional burns outside of MidBurn and Afrikaburn. But now that I think of it, obviously there are burns around the world.

Found it!

I wonder what the Brazil burn is like...

The Hubski Regional. We should hold it on the moon. Or one of Jupiter's moon. Definitely a moon though.

haha I hear that, no mongolian yurt in my pocession in the near future

My basement is already fairly pimped out, friends have painted murals on the walls. We've hosted loads of concerts there already.

Are the concerts only beta in one city?

elizabeth  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

I only know about Montreal - I know they launch a couple cities at a time so you should look into where it's at with your city. It might have launched already!

Go for it. It has a a high earning potential IMO, and it's really minimal effort to get started. It's just a matter of whether it's going to pick up or not.

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

will do, thanks for the heads up!

elizabeth  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

Me too! See you at the Burn, and always glad to accept gifts on Playa ;)

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  221 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Burning Man 2018: Who's Going?

I wonder how similar the AirBnB concerts are to what HomeDitty is doing. I'm not a fan, because a host doesn't receive any payment from hosting. But it's certainly interesting.

elizabeth  ·  221 days ago  ·  link  ·

I think they are looking for 2 things:

1. unique spaces (concerts on a boat, private rooftop, mongolian yurt have a great appeal)

2. cheap-ish to produce music so it's profitable even with a small audience. Minimal band members, accoustic, minimal props.

So a cool dude with an artsy loft, an acoustic guitar and a unique musical style can probably do pretty well from what I can gather.

A quick calculus of 10 people at 20$ (or 20 at 10$, whatever), 20% Airbnb fee: as an artist you just made 160$ for an hour of music. You can actually earn a LOT more, the question is wether the demand is there. The struggle is to actually set up that cool space, and get popular enough to get reliable bookings.

Basically, I feel it's worth trying out at the launch since we do have a lot of musician friends. Worst case, we just pimp out our basement as a cool party venue and come out even ?

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

haha I hear that, no mongolian yurt in my pocession in the near future

Are the concerts only beta in one city?

elizabeth  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

will do, thanks for the heads up!

elizabeth  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

Me too! See you at the Burn, and always glad to accept gifts on Playa ;)

I'll look into the volunteer opportunities, thanks for the heads up :)

Ah, gotcha, wasn't sure if it'd just be you. The bathrooms are for everyone, there are just some that aren't advertised with the blue lights. That does result in them being the cleanest. Folks put locks on them, which I don't agree with. I'll give you the combination when I know it ;)

Yeah I think I'll be hanging at the POC camp a bit this year with JackTheBandit. If they get their structure built I forsee a fiesta happening.

I think thenewgreen and mk would be happy to know there will be a Hubski Burning Man meetup

elizabeth  ·  221 days ago  ·  link  ·

HUBSKIMAN!!!

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'd like to go to midburn one year.

How did you already sign up for Artica shifts?

Do you have any interest in camping with us at 315 and Center Camp? If so I could see about getting you in. We have unadvertised bathrooms, electricity, and quiet hours. Our camp gives preference to musicians, if you have anything you could contribute. Otherwise I could put in a good word. My tent is so large I've been seeking a companion.

goobster  ·  221 days ago  ·  link  ·

You can also just email gentle@burningman.com. She's a friend of mine, and is the Volunteer Coordinator. Tell her Bucky sent you.

elizabeth  ·  221 days ago  ·  link  ·

You can sign up before the burn. You just need to pick “arctica “ in the volunteer questionnaire and you get an email with the scheduling website. There are a lot of volunteer stuff available already.

I’m camping with my boyfriend and 3 good friends - and hoverlandia is not a bad place to be :) Besides, none of us are musicians. I think I used those secret bathrooms a couple times last year. The cleanest ones I’ve seen at the burn! I probably wasn’t supposed to, but the combo of good music and craft beer... made it an emergency.

It was definitely one of my favourite spots to hang out too, so possibly we'll run into each other this year too. Or we could try to schedule a Hubski meetup. At 3, that is a 50% increase from last year!

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  221 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'll look into the volunteer opportunities, thanks for the heads up :)

elizabeth  ·  221 days ago  ·  link  ·

HUBSKIMAN!!!

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  220 days ago  ·  link  ·

My first two years it cost me about 1100. That includes the ticket, gear, and cost of gas to get there and back from Kansas City.

I have a tab going for this year, I'll post again after it's all said and done.