BLOB_CASTLE's comments
BLOB_CASTLE  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I'm on tour in Texas!

Steve you are too kind :)

We're looking to go on the road again in the fall but we may go North, I'll keep you posted :)

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  104 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 268th Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

my favorite musician in all of Kansas City

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  123 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What are your favourite podcasts?

Revisionist History is a great one

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  146 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: January 10, 2018

glad to have prompted your return dude

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  160 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The State of Hubski: 2017

home sweet playa

check it goobster :)

goobster  ·  159 days ago  ·  link  ·

Schweet!

elizabeth do you have that photo of us at the Burn?

elizabeth  ·  160 days ago  ·  link  ·

I do :)

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  160 days ago  ·  link  ·

home sweet playa

check it goobster :)

goobster  ·  159 days ago  ·  link  ·

Schweet!

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  166 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The State of Hubski: 2017

the new album was listed on the top 10 albums of 2017 by KC artists by the prominent KC jazz blog. check out some of the other stuff there, it's a super solid list

kantos  ·  165 days ago  ·  link  ·

Perfect. Thanks for linking!

That one is even better, in my objective opinion

steve  ·  166 days ago  ·  link  ·

Both are in my car and BOTH are seriously amazing. If you like Jazz at all - give it a listen. You won't regret.

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  166 days ago  ·  link  ·

kantos  ·  165 days ago  ·  link  ·

Perfect. Thanks for linking!

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  258 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Sextet's sophomore album "Blob Castle"

Cool cool cool, I'll be sending out CDs to stations later today.

thanks steve :)

I just finished writing a new track yesterday, I'm so stoked to play it live (which we'll likely do at the album release this Saturday). It's really cool to step back from a finished product and see how new elements are incorporated.

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  262 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Sextet's sophomore album "Blob Castle"

Woo! Thanks Steve!

I'm in the process of gathering radio station addresses to send the album. Any station in the Denver area you recommend?

steve  ·  262 days ago  ·  link  ·

KUVO is the only one I listen to... and it is phenomenal. I think there is a "smooth jazz" channel further up on the dial that I know exists, but I don't venture.

edit: other stations --> http://ontheradio.net/metro/Denver_CO.aspx

edit edit: and dude... THANK YOU! I've listened to the streamable tracks and it's great stuff. Keep pumping the good stuff out into the universe.

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  258 days ago  ·  link  ·

Cool cool cool, I'll be sending out CDs to stations later today.

thanks steve :)

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  284 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 6, 2017

A lovely photo :)

Next year I'll make sure I can stay the whole time. I do love my job though so it wasn't too big of a bummer.

I have to wonder if that was his plan the entire time. I read in an article that he was from Switzerland and was there with his wife. Toxology said he didn't have alcohol in his system but wasn't sure about other substances.

Home sweet dump :)

I'm glad you were able to process and feel the temple in your own personal way

I had to leave Saturday morning to make it to KC in time for work. I did try to have someone drive my car to KC so I could have a friend fly me back. I even went on BMIR and put an ad out. When I was six hours from KC I got an email from the Playa Directory that someone was down to drive my car. Oh well.

You did take a photo, yeah?

I left before the man burned and didn't see the man jump in the fire. Was it something most everyone saw? How was the temple burn?

elizabeth  ·  284 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's us!

Too bad you didn't get to stay the extra day, but work is work.

A lot of people saw it - pretty much everyone from the 12:00 side of the man. I was talking with a friend so didn't see him run in, but I saw the firefighters try to drag him out as the whole structure collapsed above. He ran in at peak fire. So they pulled back and then went back in. Horrifying.

Temple was good. We were pretty drunk as we spent the whole day chilling as home brew and listening to music at the dump. Had a cry about passed away grandparents :')

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  284 days ago  ·  link  ·

A lovely photo :)

Home sweet dump :)

I'm glad you were able to process and feel the temple in your own personal way

steve  ·  284 days ago  ·  link  ·

This picture makes me indescribably happy.

AnSionnachRua  ·  283 days ago  ·  link  ·

Love the photo; between this and tacocat's pictures below, it's always interesting to put a face to the people here.

Are there any shoulds and shouldn'ts?

tacocat  ·  297 days ago  ·  link  ·

The entire world but also all details in it. I just wrote a zen koan offhand...

Are you asking how to meditate because I can tell you. I'm a beginner but that actually helps me explain how to do it.

Sorry, this comment is private.
tacocat  ·  298 days ago  ·  link  ·

Not as much as I should

BLOB_CASTLE  ·  297 days ago  ·  link  ·

Are there any shoulds and shouldn'ts?

tacocat  ·  297 days ago  ·  link  ·

The entire world but also all details in it. I just wrote a zen koan offhand...