Galen's enthusiasm has gotten me to do some research:
His issues page addresses:
- INCOME AND WEALTH INEQUALITY
- GETTING BIG MONEY OUT OF POLITICS
- CLIMATE CHANGE & ENVIRONMENT
But, he has a voting record! We can query that(1)! I flipped back to just after 9/11 and had a look-see:
- Voted against the Patriot Act
- Voted against the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001
- Voted for the Authorization for Use of Military Force in 2001
- As galen mentioned, he voted against the Use of Military Force Against Iraq
I'm pretty sure I also saw that he voted for sanctions against Iran and somebody else while I was digging around.
In the defense sphere he looks to me to be a civil libertarian who sees a standing military as being for defense. He voted in a way that was consistent with that in 2001 and 2002, at least.
I'm interested as to how he voted regarding targeted drone strikes, but I'm not immediately sure what the relevant bills would be.
(1) - This is the first site that popped up in google. Take from that what you will.