I spent the morning delivering breakfast burritos to a dozen or so members of my team at work. It was so nice for several reasons:
- even at a reasonable social distance, it's great to see people you care about.
- it feels good to do nice things for people.
- it feels good to express gratitude.
- I got to spend three hours with my wife (and no kids).
- HELLO THERE IS NO TRAFFIC. I just zigzagged all over the Denver Metropolitan area... on a normal day... it would have taken me all day.
also... the fast is going surprisingly well. about 60 hours in. It's a very weird mental/physical state. My body is cool with no food. My brain is essentially yelling at full volume "GIVE ME ALL THE CHEESEBURGER AND YES ADD BACON AND YES LARGE FRIES AND YES PIZZA ON THE SIDE".
Delivering my favorite burritos was easier and harder than expected... just weird.