Hubski is more or less the extent of my social network use right now. And I'm barely on here.
- Since I last popped in, I made some kimchi. Turns out it is really easy to do. My only complaint is there was too much daikon in this batch. At least for my tastes. I'm also fermenting some habaneros right now, which will be turned into sauce here in a couple of days.
- I've started* playing Gemstone IV, which is a MUD. My wife has played for years, and I've picked it up since it kinda scratches that dnd itch. My character is Krogdur, an aged giant-man ranger who came to the city after a life in the woods to commit some eco-terrorism. But then he found the pie shop. Now he mostly just procrastinates while eating pie in the city park.
* Am on haitus until I manage to get a good setup that works with linux. I hate rebooting into windows, but the game's 3rd party tools are built around ruby 2.0, which went EOL 2 years ago.
- I'm going to a wedding this weekend. Had to buy some clothes. Definitely had some sticker shock. Not just for the dress stuff either. I was gonna pick up a sweatshirt since my old one is dead, but fuck. For the prices they wanted at Kohls? It's probably Carhartt and Patagonia from here on out.
- I'm pretty convinced by this point that we're voting down this contract proposal for work. Both the union and the company are pushing approval hard. If it doesn't pass, it'll probably on some technical maneuvering. I think there are some bylaws that they can use if the vote turnout is too low. Turn out is always low.